After pizza Ronnie and I went flying with his dad in the county plane. As we were standing there waiting for him to take Grandma Lewis on a ride it dawned on Ronnie that I had not experienced a stall. So being the kind sweet husband that he is he told his dad,"Cat wants to do a stall." So I was terrified the whole time just waiting for it. But he let us know before it happened. It was very interesting, the stall dropped the plane to my side. As i watched us go nose down to the earth and begin dropping the flashlight in the door next to me floated out and above my head like in space. The whole experience made my heart jump out of my chest but it was really cool. After the stall he did a 60 degree turn to show us what 2 G's feels like. I think if he would have held it many seconds longer than he did I would have passed out. Finallly he did a fairly rapid decent so we could buzz of the airport. It was a fun experience but it left my head feeling a little buzzed for the next hour.
When we got back to the Butlers the guitar players played for a while and then we just talked. We didnt end up getting back home untill midnight. It was a fun evening.
Here is a picture for ya.
1 comment:
Sounds like fun. I have yet to fly in a small plane, so I don't know what the stall feels like (they don't normally do them purposefully in jumbo jets).
Post a Comment