The Power of Attention: What you focus on, you get more of.
· Consciously pay attention to your focus. Are you focusing on what you want to have happen, or on what you don't want?
· When you are upset, pivot. Say to yourself, "Okay, I'm upset. If I'm upset, I am focusing on what I don't want . Do I want more of this in my life?" If the answer is no, breathe deeply. Then tell your child what you do want him to do, and why.
· Remind yourself at least five times every day, "what I focus on, I get more of." Remind yourself of this when you wake up, at meals, at bedtime, and whenever you are upset.
So for week one you try and focus on these three things. Good Luck. (already just with applying it this morning things are going much better. oh also the big thing about this book is you don't do it to change others, spouse child friend ect. You do these things to change yourself. Because without self control you are out of control.)
2 comments:
Hey Cat! Hope you're doing well! Don't you get to see Ronnie soon!!!! Just letting you know if you keep my address ckbutler.blogspot.com you can see when I have an update on my private blog:)
So how's week 1 coming?
Post a Comment